Saturday, October 18, 2008

Nicknames

It seems Kaleb has several nicknames.

Jenn's family calls him "Countdown Baby" because he was born 10-9-08.

I call him Robin Hood because when he really gets crying, his bottom lip quivers (get it?)

I was worried, though, because my dad hadn't come up with a nickname yet. When Evan was born, we couldn't come up with a real name for 3 days. After the first day, my dad decided that Evan at least needed a nickname and decided on Scooter. That was his first idea, and he didn't have to try any other nicknames on for size. Their big thing is calling each other "Buddy" and giving each other the thumbs-up sign.

So dad went a week trying to come up with something for Kaleb. There were some horrible ideas ... like K-Bob, which got shot down very quickly. But I think he finally found a nickname for Kaleb on Thursday: Obie.

Technically, it probably should be O.B., because my dad said it stands for "Other Buddy." But I'll spell it Obie.

Godfather Kyle will be excited about the nickname, too, since he asked me on Tueesday if dad came up with one. But as a Star Wars fan, Kyle will probably spell it Obi.

Either way, I like it.

2 comments:

Sherry Yaple said...

K-Bob.

LOL

Obi (my first thought was star wars) is much better.

Anonymous said...

I saw your story on the nest. Our son Kaleb was born on 9/25... I've never seen anyone else spell it that way! :) You have great taste. My cousin couldn't say his name so they started calling him K-Love. It reminded me of this!