Sunday, July 20, 2008

Week 29: July 21-27 Opps, Somehow, I missed a week....






Hey everyone! Sorry for the long pause in between blogs! Somehow, I missed a week. Whoops! There are a TON of pictures that need to be uploaded, so those will happen over the next few days, I think.

I cannot believe that its only another week and then fair time starts here in Wood County. So much to do, so much to see, and my scrapbook is quickly getting further and further behind. I need to get into gear on that, along with several others that I haven't even started.

Things have been busy around here. We've got the kid's room (kid's! Weird!) almost completed, although I'm still trying to convince Greg that we should paint it. If that's the case, it won't be quite so complete. I need to do another coat on the multi-colored-with-poison-green-not-on-purpose-side-panels yet, and we need to move Evan's bookshelf into the living room. Other than that, we're close to done in there! Sweet! I've even got baby clothes put away! Next step, once we get the shelf put away is to bring the cradle and bassinet over. The cradle will go into the kid's room and the bassinet will go into our bedroom for the first couple of weeks, as well as on Evan's visits for the first few months.

The deck is unofficially completed! We're waiting for the watermeter to be installed so that we can powerwash the deck and sand it down. The yard is also unofficially complete. Grass seed is down, and growing in all spots except the gravel pit (a current argument between me and everyone else-- I say grass won't ever grow there-- at least not in the next 10 years, everyone else says that it will) and my flower container garden is in the landscaping around the deck, which will be ever-changing over the next year. The only other project left are the shed doors, which Rick started today!! So, we'll have that to mount and paint in the next couple of weeks, and then all major projects will be done outside.

We had our first of several planned summer parties this past weekend. My baby sister, Lindsey, and her super-excellent boyfriend, Aaaron, were here for a week-long, too short visit. We had most of my family over, including Aunt Judy, Uncle Richard, Cindy and the Peterson's over for a cookout and visiting. It was a fantastic time! I was exausted by around 10:30 and was ready to kick everyone who was left out so I could go to bed, but things didn't wrap up until 12:30. OH well. lol! Planned it just right, too-- had only 1 burger left, 2 brats and a couple hotdogs! Must have inherited that gene from my mom, eh??

We're planning on a couple more parties in the coming weeks, including inviting Greg's family over, as well as a certain 5-yr-old's birthday, which we'll probably do the last weekend in August.

We had pizza and spent the evening with Rick & Myra Saturday night. That was really nice! Then the next morning, we had breakfast with them too. It was quite a treat! Evan loves spending time with his grandparents! I wish it had been nicer out so we could have played outside some with them.

It was an extremely busy week for Evan. On Tuesday, he had swimming lessons, followed by his Karate test, and then finally, he had his FIRST EVER T-BALL PRACTICE. He loved every minute of the evening, though, despite being jam-packed with excitment and physical activities. Our little sports-star! We have lots of pictures of this, and I'll try to see if I can upload any video.

Another big deal for Evan! He earned enough baseballs to go to a MUDHEN'S GAME. He's so excited. We decided that the NEXT round, if he earns NINE balls (one for each man on the field), we'll take him to see a Tigers or Indian's game-- whichever works out better in the schedule, depending on how fast he earns them. After that, I think we'll have to move onto football-- I wonder if he'd settle for a high school football game. LOL. Somehow, I don't think we'll be able to score tickets to OSU football.

Work continues to be fantastic for me. I had my 90-day review, and I'm doing great, according to my boss. So that's good news. Greg has officially resigned from Movie Gallery! YEAH!!!!! I cannot begin to tell you how happy this makes me. Although he's going to have to be patient and understanding with the scrapbooking, so that I can get caught up! I always tried to do that before when he was at MG. Oh well. Only drawback is no more free movies. I think we're going to go the Netflix direction, though, which is fairly inexpensive. Sentinel seems to be fine for him. I think it'll be even better once he's not pulled in so many directions thanks to MG.

In baby news, this baby is a-growin! He's SO active now, and even seems to play games with me. I'll rub my tummy, and he'll move along and follow my hand sometimes. He's also started getting hiccups, which are so strange to feel! I think he might have mommy's hiccups, too-- sometimes, they're hard!! Poor kid. I'm finding that I get exausted easily. I had to take several naps this weekend just to make it through the rest of the day! Holy cow! I just realized that my next doctor's appointment is this week already. How is that possible? Seems like we just had one. Soon, we'll be doing every-other week and then weekly visits! Hard to believe, isn't it?!?

This week, we move from an eggplant (month 6) to a squash-- SEVEN MONTHS PREGNANT. Oh my god. All five senses are fully functional (taste, touch, sound, smell, sight)! and all of his organs are fully developed, though not functioning at their best. His main task now is to continue gaining body fat and growing longer. Right now, he's about 12" long and weight a little over 2 lbs. He's got his own wake-sleep cycle, which seems right now to coinside with mine, although sometimes he's thumping around in the middle of the night.

It's hard to believe that there are only 81 days left until the due date. I'm still in shock! How are we supposed to get everything done in less than 81 days?!? Yikes

Anyway! Not much else is going on!!

Love y'all!!!
-jenn

No comments: