Monday, March 24, 2008

Week 12; March 24, 2008

I had my first OB appointment today with the actual doctor--Dr Nancy Bass. I really liked her a lot! I got to hear the baby's heartbeat. It was a little slower than last time-- 150bpm, but still very strong, and very healthy. I LOVE hearing the heartbeat. Normal range for the heartbeat is 120-160, by the way.

We had a nice Easter. I went to church on Sunday with Em, Kevin and the kids. That was mildly entertaining. Sami refused to go to the nursery, but didn't want to do anything but play with her rather noisy toys in church. The little stinker decided during the nicene creed that she wanted to go to the nursery and burst into tears because we were trying to pray. It was an EXTRA long service, too-- since it was communion and whatnot. We didn't get out of there until 12:30. After church, I had to hightail it over to Greg's folks. They were having dinner there at 12. Opps. So I was late. I was berated by Lance and Greg for being late because they were "dying" of starvation. Whatever. Myra's food was excellent-- especially her broccoli salad. Mmmmm. I kindof wish I'd taken some of that home! She also made her grape dessert, which is also excellent.

After that, we headed over to Grandma and Grandpa Bruns' for Easter dinner there. Of course, they insisted that we eat as well, so when all was said and done, we had eaten waaaaay too much in the span of 3.5 hours. SO, Greg and I some how contorted ourselves onto Grandma's couch and conked out for about 2 hours. Somewhere in those 2 hours, Rich and Cindy showed up... They were walking down the sidewalk outside when I woke up. Opps! Sorry guys!

Grandma made some fantastic Easter eggs for us this year. Evan's is a Buzz Lightyear. I cannot wait for him to see it. I think he'll be quite impressed.

We headed home around 5:30 or so. Greg had to work at Movie Gallery at 8, and we had to stop and Mom and Dad's to take care of the goofy cats.

Not much else to report. Been feeling pretty good, other than stuffed to the gills by all the good food! Tonight is the last night of the dartball tournament at church, thank goodness. I'm really getting tired of sitting in the kitchen. Blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Anyway! Until next time!
--jenn

No comments: